Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I'm still a kid at heart...give me some candy!

I still feel frozen from last night.

I don't understand why they had to make Halloween near November when it's below zero degrees outside. Why not June instead, when the nights are warm yet breezy?

So there I was, freezing my yoohoos off, watching Dave and our cousins play with fireworks. Instead of wearing my Cleopatra costume (which I wore for the party last Sat) I opted to dress like an eskimo instead. Actually it was not a costume just my winter clothes =) I'm watching them fire skyrockets at each other and I'm amazed that even thought provincial bylaw only permits fireworks this time of the year so of course people go crazy for it, the hospitals here don't get horded with assorted mishaps of missing fingers and limbs. In Manila, we only play with fireworks on New Year's Eve, and every year Magandang Gabi Bayan features those bloody accidents (haven't been there for years, I'm assuming it's still the case) So it got me to thinking, why this phenomena?

Is it cos the fireworks sold here are safer? But it seems like everything is made in China anyway, hell even all the stores that sell it here are run by Chinese ppl, so most likely all the fireworks sold around the world are made in sweat factories by 12-year olds (so sad) Or is it cos parents here teach their kids more about safety? I highly doubt that as most parents here don't even raise their kids, much less teach them anything. Kids here are raised by electronic babysitters. Hm...I guess it will stay a mystery as I have no clue what the answer is.

Yes all these thoughts raced thru my brain. I was willing my brain to process quick random thoughts hoping that would somehow get my brain to get my heart to pump blood thru me fast before I die of hypothermia. In the end I gave up and went inside to steal candy from the one cousin who was young enough to go trick-or-treatin earlier. I wonder if he knew that all his walking and workin' was to provide 4 adults with candy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home