Wednesday, November 08, 2006

I want Food! I want Food! I want RE-AL FOOD!

Last night we went to visit my friend's dad. Turns out he's started cooking big batches of curry lamb, chicken and beef in those huge metal pots. He even got the styrofoam containers and plastic cutlery. $5 gets you a big serving of your choice of curry on rice in a to-go container. Genuis! Can't beat that =)

YUM!!! There's nothing like a home-cooked meal after days and days of Arbys, McCrappers, and instant noodles. Like we used to sing in college: ...I want real food, with the rice and the viand... (how does that go again?)

I got all nostalgic. Reminds me of Manila, where you can go to the corner store to buy rice and ulam, and the rice comes in a clear plastic bag. You can sit on the wooden bench and eat, while Aling Nene makes 'paypay' with her fan over the ulam.

I guess I could start making home-cooked meals from scratch. For this, I would need to go to the market and get some lamb, cut it into small pieces, get all the spices like curry powder, basil.... OK this is too much work already!!! Why does RE-AL food have to come with RE-AL heavy labour?!??!!

3 Comments:

Blogger beetle said...

haha! that's exactly how the chant goes. you should send this to J!

i miss buying cheap 25peso ulam and rice. i like watching the people make tusok-tusok the fishball on the streets too.

3:54 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha! real food is still the best! that's why im getting big! hehehe. miss you guys! visit us here in the philippines! lots of RE-AL FOOD!

i just remember... do you still remember the "shawarma" we ate nung bday party namin ni bee sa bahay... before dumami yung tao? hehehe

11:00 a.m.  
Blogger Jazzygirl said...

I remember walking around the palengke to get meat to cook for the party. J, bilib ako sa memory mo, basta when it comes to real food =)

1:46 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home