Monday, December 18, 2006

Finally! A semi-busy weekend. I was starting to get restless over the past couple weekends as I was mostly hibernating due to the cold, rainy weather. So I'm glad that this weekend I actually dragged my ass out to have a bit of fun.

Friday: The night before's storm knocked down a bunch of trees, damaged buildings, and caused a power outage for most of 3 cities plus their traffic lights. On my way to work, I could see that a lot of businesses had to close due to no power, including restaurants and gas stations. As I got near the office, left and right the buildings were dark, so I was getting my hopes up. It's been super slow at work lately, so it would be nice if we just got sent home rather than twiddle our thumbs for 8 hours! But our street actually had power! Of all the bad luck...!!! The whole city is out including just down the street but of course we had to continue working...grumble...

That day dragged on extra slow, and finally, when 4:30 rolled around, we all made a mad dash to go home, but traffic was horrible! Traffic lights were still out, so every intersection was a 4-way stop. The one good thing that came out of going to work was that the boss finally gave us our Christmas cards with the little gift inside. $200 Safeway gift card for each employee whohoo!!!

After that painfully slow work day, I just could not wait to get my weekend started. We went to Safeway and prompty made use of that card, filling our fridge with a shitload of groceries. Then I met up with some girlfriends for late dinner at Wings Tap n Grill. I have not seen Romela in almost a year, and we haven't seen Anna in almost 2 years, so it was awesome to catch up and reminisce about our hellish Bell call center days. The food was pretty good too, as well as their bellinis...yum!

Saturday: Daytime we just bummed around at home in our pajamas and ate chips and cookies while watching TV. Superstation usually showed older movies on the weekends. Groundhog Day was on, so I saw the bottom half of it. Funny I've never actually seen that whole movie from start to finish, just bits and pieces. It snowed the night before, but thank God it was only about 2 inches, so the roads are clear. Then for dinner we went to Stan and Glenda's house for dinner in Maple Ridge. It was the first time we've seen them since we left the resort. Glenda made honey ham and mashed potatoes...yum! The caesar salad was also good. Then we watched the hockey game, where we won against Minnesota YAY! I spent most of that night playing with their chihuahua Belle, while trying to prevent her from licking every inch of my face. I also tried to play with their 2 cats, but they seemed to escape my every attempt at capturing them.

Sunday: This was just relax and recover day. Cleaned the house a bit, took the garbage out, sorted the recyclables. Went to the library to borrow some books. It's gonna be a slow week at the office, so I'll just read to make the time go faster. Most of our suppliers and even our customers shut down operations during the holidays, so there is almost absolutely nothing to do. People usually just take it off as holidays, but I've already used up mine for the year.
There wasn't much on TV that night as most shows seem to be on hiatus til early next year. But CSI Miami marathon was on Spike TV Yes!!!

Mmmm...it's Monday now, and as I predicted, everyone here is bored and just waiting for the 4-day long weekend coming up. At least it's almost noon. I'm gonna start on 'The Golden Compass' on my lunchbreak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home