Monday, May 07, 2007

Stupid Rascist Bitch from EB Metrotown

Yesterday me, Dave, my brother, Annie and the kids went to Electronic Boutique at Metrotown to buy a few Gamecube and DS games. As we were browsing through the games, we witnessed a few verbal matches between one of the customer service reps and some customers. As we looked on, it became obvious that the rep was an ignorant bitch who woke up on the wrong side of the bed. She was needlessly rude and antagonistic to the customers. There was a mother who came in and asked her if she saw a young boy wearing army pants. Her cutting remark was: "There are lots of kids here running around with pants." with a very condescending tone like DUH! Who cares that you lost your kid?? The mother proceeds to stomp out the store cursing "Bitch!"

We continue watching on in horrified amusement as several other customers had a run-in with her. For some reason it never occured to me that we'd have our turn when my brother brings the 3 games to the counter. I asked if she could check if they had the DS game pre-played. She answers: "We prob don't have it. I did not check." So I wait for her to check but she just ignores me and starts to ring in the purchase. I think: "Hm...well are you gonna check? ISN'T THAT YOUR JOB???" I just didn't want to be around her anymore, so I let that slide.

The total came to a little over $110. So my brother gives her a hundred dollar bill and a $10 dollar bill. She took the hundred dollar bill but would not accept the $10 dollar bill as she claims it is counterfeit since it did not have the shiny stripe. I worked in retail for years so I knew she was making it up. The banks have issued newer bills that had the shiny stripe but the older bills are still legit.
She would not accept the $5 bills my brother had either as this too she claims is counterfeit. By this time, Dave walks over and tells her he works at a print shop and there has never been any memos issued by a bank that supports her statement. She shuts up at this point. My brother hands her an old $20 dollar bill WITHOUT the stripe and she says that that was fine. Hm...where's the logic in that? Plus any decent store would at least have a counterfeit pen or a scanner.

I regret not reaming her out. I was surprised my brother did not give her a tongue-lashing. The only thing that held us all back was we had to rush to get to a reservation for dimsum across town. So me and Dave just resorted to talking loudly about her as she finished up her transaction. Annie had come in to see what was happening so I loudly explained to her that the rep was full of shit and to just ignore her and let's just leave cos she was just being a horrible bitch.

My brother normally does not take crap from anyone. His family's been through a lot the past 2 years, with my niece battling cancer. 2 years of chemo and surgeries, this is their first R&R vacation after a long haul. Since health care in the Philippines is privatized, my brother has had to battle it out with snotty doctors and hospital staff. But we all just left the store. Anyway, the receipt had her name on it.

Dave warned me that the store manager would probably just defend her, and I knew this too, but I could not resist calling the store today. The lady who answered the phone said her name was Heather. I asked for the manager, and she said she was the manager. So I told her about her employee Christianne, about how it was a horrible experience for my brother, who's a tourist here trying to relax after going thru a lot with his daughter being sick. I told her I was surprised I was the only one who has called to complain as she was making a big stinking scene with several customers.

Talking to Heather was like talking to a robot. Even her apology was very insincere, like she was reading off a script. She feigned shock when she said Christianne usually get glowing remarks, blah blah blah. I knew that it was either:

1. She was lying through her teeth. I had worked in customer service and retail for many years. Customers don't give you glowing remarks when you do a good job. They only contact you if they have a complaint. I'm doing the exact thing =)
I had worked at Crabtree and Evelyn before, and I had a coworker who gave outstanding customer service, and even she only got maybe 1 customer who bothered praising her to the manager in the many years she worked there. And that was cos we gave complimentary gift wrapping and basket arrangements, and she would go out of her way for every customer. She sometimes even delivered it to them.
So Heather prob knew that Christianne was horrible, she just chooses to ignore it as it's hard to find retail workers these days.

2. More than likely, Christianne was just rascist. As the mothers she antagonized was either Asian or Native. This just really Grinds My Gears (pardon the Family Guy phrase) Having worked in retail, and having friends from many different cultures, I just can't stand rascist ppl. HELLO?!!?! You live in Vancouver. If you wanna be rascist, move up North! Or if you're just plain miserable, work in a factory or something where you don't have to deal with ppl, so we won't have to look at your stick-stuck-up-your-ass-expression face either!

We're probably gonna have to go back to that stupid store as my brother plans to buy more games. And since their staff is useless, we're just gonna have to resort to handling it our way. If that bitch even looks at us wrong, she's gonna get the tongue-lashing of her life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home